Old September 15th 13, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dan Leifker

Default Pet food recommendation

On 2013-09-04 13:02:44 +0000, The Doctor said:

I see Innova pet food has been recalled.

What do you recommended to feed you cat?

Agree completely about rotating the food. I got the Oral Health cat
food, but my vet yelled at me for serving dry food all the time. So I
added water to the dry food for years. When the vet found out, he
yelled at me again. Turns out the Oral Health cat food has these long
fiber things that scrape across your cat's teeth (sort of like using
dental floss on humans by scraping it over the teeth instead of between
them), and adding water completely ruined the ability of the fibers to
scrape. I give my cat a huge variety. He probably gets more variety
in his diet than I do.

Dan Leifker