Old September 16th 13, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Pet food recommendation

On 2013-09-04 13:02:44 +0000, The Doctor said:

I see Innova pet food has been recalled.

What do you recommended to feed you cat?

Agree completely about rotating the food. I got the Oral Health cat
food, but my vet yelled at me for serving dry food all the time. So I
added water to the dry food for years. When the vet found out, he
yelled at me again. Turns out the Oral Health cat food has these long
fiber things that scrape across your cat's teeth (sort of like using
dental floss on humans by scraping it over the teeth instead of
between them), and adding water completely ruined the ability of the
fibers to scrape. I give my cat a huge variety. He probably gets
more variety in his diet than I do.

Dan Leifker

Yes. Our cats get roasted chicken, as well as other people food, and a
variety of canned cat foods and dry foods. The dry food is available to them
all the time, because it keeps, and doesn't go bsad unless it gets wet. They
also eat out of each others bowls, so they get to eat what the other catd
eat even if they donlt particularly like it themselves. We entertain a stray
who lives down the street somewhere, and he likes milk. so he gets a bowl of
it every day or so. Apparently his folks have a dog who eats his food as
well as his own. One of our cats likes melon, so he gets cantalope and
honeydew melons frequently. I'm not saying that they couldn't be poisoned
by bad food. It's just highly unlikely unless it was done on purpose by a
diabolical mind. My cats love the variety, and I feel sorry for cats that
are forced to eat the same diet every day by well meaning owners who are
careful to feed them special, "bonded" diets......