Old April 7th 05, 10:11 PM
Mathew Kagis

"icedog" wrote in message
I am at home all day with Chloe so whenever she needs to go she indicates
and I let her into the garden, leaving her out until she indicates to come
in.
She has developed a habit of coming in then, when I am not around
going to her litter tray, doing nothing, but scrapping all the litter out
onto the carpet. Sometimes I have to clear up after her 3/4 times a day.
It is hurting me 'cos I have had a stroke, 2 heart attacks and a hiatus
hernia. Clearing up is a painful effort and getting beyond me. She is not

kitten, almost 10 years old so why? No feline psychotherapists please.
How deep should the litter be?
I don't want to discourage her from using the tray if
needful. There is no point in telling her off after the event; she is a

cat
after all and won't understand. Anyway she knows that she has done wrong
because she goes to her bed upstairs and feigns sleep.
Help, please!!!

Icedog.

I'm having a similar issue with my kitten, Muscat. He has a very vigourus
stroke when he does his biz. He also shovels litter out of the box when he
gets the 'zoomies'... I'm gonna go buy covered litterboxes for the
furballs... As I end up vacuming every time I scoop their boxes.

Mabey a covered box will help you as well?

--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat