Old February 1st 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default My TED visit

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 08:21:53 -0600, Amelia wrote:

TED called Meowmie last night - all of my blood tests came back just
fine. My thyroid is fine, I don't have diabetes - basically, I'm
perfectly healthy. I TOLD Meowmie that, but did she listen? Nooooo...

But TED still says I have to lose weight. What's wrong with being a
little fluffy? It helps keep me warm on these cold winter nights. But Paw
is still looking at grain-free diet cat food, and saying that they're
going to stop free-feeding us. How disgusting!

Amelia

I'm glad to hear that your lab values are so good!

Us humans really worry about our kitties' lab values, especially as they
get a little older, and something could be wrong that could make you
very sick.

That's why we take you to TED, even when you aren't sick: so we can help
KEEP you from getting sick. This means LESS trips to TED, later on, and
that's a good thing

And I hate to have to say it, but TED is right: being too fluffy IS bad
for you.

Not right away, but it can cause a lot of health problems, and can make
you very sick, as you get older.

Hyperthyroidism and diabetes are just two of the things that us humans
really worry about, when kitties are too fluffy.

If you get sick, from being too fluffy, you would have to make a LOT of
trips to TED, which we all know is no fun at all.

It doesn't seem fair, I know, but it's better for you in the long run.