Old December 30th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default As begins the new, as ends the old

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
They destroyed my garden.

I am so sorry. I feel like I let all of you down, too. You sent me such
lovely things, and it had the beggings of a lovely flower and herb garden.
But the took the trees, and it looks like they are putting sidewalk over
the plants.

I can't take anymore of this. I'm not laughing anymore. Good thing I see
my psychologist tomorrow.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{all of you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} are my rock (along
with my cats), and keep me going just one more step, just one more day. I
thank you for that.

Ginger-lyn

{{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}}} Purrs for 2009 to be better (for all of us).

I can relate to the garden thing. There was a lovely young sweetgum tree
growing in the corner of my fenced patio (at my apartment back in TN). It
wasn't much more than a sapling, really. But big enough for me to hang bird
feeders so Persia would have "cat TV" when we sat outside. One day I came
home from work, the tree was gone. They'd chopped it down without any
warning! Left my bird feeders sitting by the stump. When I called to find
out why they cut the tree down I was given some cock & bull story about how
the roots would destroy the patio if it got much bigger. Heh, the patio was
already at least 20 years old; not exactly in pristine condition anyway. It
would have taken *years* for the roots of that little tree to do any damage.
I was really more upset because I didn't at least get a phone call warning
me they were going to cut it down.

Then they started replacing the fences around the patios. That's all well
and good; they were in pretty bad shape. But I'd just planted some lovely
autumn mums in the planting bed next to where the tree had been. I came
home to find a new fence. In the process they also ripped out the mums.
Just left them laying there in the dirt, ho hum, oh well. Once again, they
could have at least given me some warning! I could have dug them up
properly and planted them in containers. Unfortunately, landlords are
allowed to do pretty much anything they want when it comes to stuff like
this. Too bad common courtesy doesn't seem to fit into the equation.

Jill