Old July 19th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default New carpet and cancer

Victor Martinez wrote:
Sharon wrote:
treatment to avoid? A certain chemical? Any help will be greatly
appreciated!

I would suggest doing hard floors, whatever your budget allows. They are
way cleaner than carpet and last forever. Stained concrete looks fantastic!

Tile floors can be very nice, too - especially nowadays, when some tile
is patterned like wood parquet. (If I had my 'druthers I'd use that -
it looks like hardwood, but is easier to care for and less expensive.)
You can always use area rugs if you don't like the bare-floor look, but
it's a lot easier to clean floor than carpet (especially if you have
long-hair cats who are prone to chucking up hairballs).