Old December 17th 05, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Loss of appetite

Rhonda wrote:
You know something is wrong, and sometimes it takes more than one vet to
find it. I would definitely take her to another vet today for a second
opinion. She's counting on you to be persistent to get to the bottom of
the problem!

Good luck,

Rhonda

wrote:

Well, Sasha never ate any of the tuna.
Now I've started to syringe feed my buddy Hill's A/D from the vet.
Hopefully his
appetite will return soon. He still drinks water OK and doesn't vomit.
Also, his behaviour is still the same as normal, except for a decrease
in his activity level.

I still don't know why he stopped eating all of a sudden.

Sorry I didn't update sooner...

Sasha's appetite has returned, but he is still not eating as much as he
used to. I have supplemented his diet with syringe feedings of Hill's
A/D (about 36mls). I'm just happy that he doesn't run away from his
food like he used to before.

The course of antibiotics has ended, and I hope Sasha is on the road to
a resumption of his full appetite. His drinking is normal. I noticed a
bowel movement the other day. The stool did not seem abnormal.
Urination seems normal as well.

Thanks for the advice.