Old February 21st 18, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default Buffy & the Plumbers

On 2/21/2018 7:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday, I had a plumber come out to unclog the master bathroom sinks
and to remove the awful pop-up stoppers that are the cause of all the
issues!Â* Call me a luddite, I want rubber stoppers in the sink.

Now, I never know how Buffy is going to react to people who come into
the house.Â* There was an electrician here last weekend replacing an
electrical outlet.Â* She didn't hide from him.Â* She rubbed up against his
boot!Â* He gave her scritches.

When the plumbers arrived yesterday afternoon, she was sitting on the
pet steps in the dining room, looking out the window.Â* I was at the
computer in the living room.Â* Suddenly she shot off like a rocket... I
didn't see exactly where she went.Â* But I thought: Aha!Â* The plumbers
are here! LOL

I went to the front door and opened it just as he raised his hand to
knock.Â* That took him by surprise.Â* I said, "My cat alarm let me know
you were here."

The plumber brought an apprentice with him.Â* The apprentice noticed some
cat art on the walls opposite the sinks.Â* He asked, "You like cats?"
Yep, there's one around here somewhere.Â* I said good thing about a cat,
you don't have to walk it.Â* He laughed and said, "But they'll walk on
you!"Â* Yeah, this guy knows cats.

He was admiring a particular lithograph print my SO gave me a few years
ago.Â* A black & white big fat cat.Â* He said, "I used to draw like that.
When I was in art school."Â* I wasn't expecting to hear that.

They weren't here all that long.Â* It was an easy fix.Â* They got rid of
those stupid pop-up stoppers which cause the majority of clogs in this
old house.

Buffy hid the entire time they were here.Â* After I showed them out I saw
her crawl out from under the sofa in the living room.Â* She hardly ever
goes under there.Â* She checked all over the house after they left.
Investigated the master bath... looked out front.Â* Went into the hallway
because, sometimes when the HVAC unit is serviced someone is up in the
attic.Â* She remembers things like this.Â* She searched the house to make
sure no one was here.

Is that weird or what?

Jill

Nope. She's a cat.