Old February 28th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Tigger back to vet

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"AlisonT" wrote in message
, the

second-guessing - even after all this time I wonder to myself if I
cut Bandit's life too short or waited too long and caused her to
suffer. Some people will tell you that she'll let you know, and I
envy them that surety, but I never knew it. Looking back logically
with my head and not my heart, I know it was time to let her go -
but my heart denies what my head tells me.

I have always known when it was time, it's when I know they don't
want to go on. I cannot explain how I know, but I do.
I will leave you with this thought.
Better a day too early than a day too late.
Tweed

You know we always tell each other on this group that you will know
when it is time, or they will tell you when its time. And we try very
hard not to second guess anyone who is already dealing with a
heartbreaking decision.

But while sometimes it is very clear, they just look at you and you
know, sometime it isn't that clear.

All I can say when its like that, use your best judgment of how much
life still has to offer them, rely on you vets advice if you trust
their judgment more than your own, and try not to beat yourself up.
Remember for the most part our fur kids do not judge, and are quick to
forgive. We learn from them to be kind to ourselves and to others.

Jo