Old September 12th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Human Litterboxes (was Cat Using toilet and toilet paper)

"Christine BA" wrote in message

MatSav kirjoitti:

The USofA seem to use bowls with a higher water level in the pan
than those in the UK. In much of Europe, there's a 'shelf' on the
front inside edge of the bowl where business is deposited (for
inspection?) before flushing, and not straight into the standing
water of the S-(or U-)bend vapour trap.

I remember the bowls with the shelf from school, but then I went to
the German school. In Finland we don't normally use the shelved
variety. My brother lived/studied in Germany for some years, and has
told me they have the shelved bowls there everywhere.

I remember I was worried at school, that what if I had to do a "real
biggie", and with the shelf there...and... well... before anyone says
TMI they can just use their imagination... :/

Australian toilets (or at least, the Australian toilets I have seen) don't
have a shelf and have far less water than the American model as depicted.
Perhaps our loos are like the ones in the UK.

I don't like the idea of a 'shelf', but neither do I like the idea of my
butt that close to water, particularly in the winter time. Doesn't it
radiate cold? And how do you avoid splashback?

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.