Old January 27th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Learn a different Behavior!

On 27 Jan, 01:37, Lynne wrote:
on Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:24:49 GMT, "

wrote:
Not every cat can adjust to the auto boxes, at least not right away.
Why not supply
an extra litterbox (for #2) for a while, until the 2nd kitten relaxes a
bit. Cats can be slow
about even the littlest changes and she may find the box, weird, noisy,
uncomfortable
or scary (and not be willing to spend the time in there that #2
sometimes demands).
She will probably be fine with it sooner or later, but needs another
option for the
moment.This is good advice, but I will add that with 2 cats you should have at

least 2 litter boxes.

I read that you should have one litter tray per cat you have plus one,
so in your case you probably need 3 by this standard (vicky halls, cat
confidential). never had to thin about his as when have had multiple
cats we have had cat flaps and they have always gone outside to do
their business, not sure how necessary the extra tray is then