Old November 15th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Skwirrel

On 11/14/2018 8:45 PM, joy wrote:
On 11/14/2018 1:58 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 11/14/2018 4:45 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:51:56 -0600, Kitten wrote:

Hehe, funny - sorry for your fingers.
I saw squirrel in the subject and thought of Rat, she also reminded
me of a
squirrel, I didn't know she had more in common with them than looks.
She also earnt some fame for missing the target, hands, fingers or
bowl, but
whether it was epilepsy related, simply poor vision or a combo of both,
can't be sure.
You'd hear this clunk sound and it was Rat going for nibbles and
grabbing
the side of the metal bowl instead...
Thanks for tidbit of info, I wouldn't have guessed.

Our squirrels are getting bolder. I worked from home yesterday (quite
a hardship, sitting on a comfortable couch with a grey kitty
stretched out on my lap) and in the early afternoon I started hearing
the screen door rattle. When I looked out the fron door there were no
people present, only squirrels. Apparently they have taken to
scratching my screen door when they want service.

Dan!* Haven't seen you in ages.* Good to hear from you again.

The squirrels around here aren't that bold.* They just slink around
hoping for bird seed on the patio.* My cat (Buffy) doesn't pay them
(or the birds) much attention.* She does notice the deer that wander
up to the patio lookng for bird seed.* What the heck are those big
four legged creatures?* She's fascinated by deer.

Jill

My mother used to have a little toy poodle who thought she was a big
dog.* She often chased much larger dogs.* However, deer were another
story.* My mother moved to a place where the deer came into her yard.
The dog didn't see any deer.* ;-)

Sometimes I guess it's better not to notice. Buffy looks at deer
like she'd love to stalk them, like a little lion out on the plains with
antelope. I'm pretty sure the deer would kick her butt if she tried to
chase one down so it's a good thing she's not allowed to go outside.

Jill