Old December 7th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default What on earth???

Mischief wrote:
It's about 4 am....I can't sleep and the BF just came to bed cause he
had fallen asleep on the couch. The lights were off and I was trying
very had to just relax.

Then I hear the all familiar sounds of pattering feet. The sounds of
night zoomies.

Pattering Feet.....rustling.....more pattering...more
rustling...louder rustling...EXTREMELY LOUD RUSTLING followed by
THUNDEROUS RUNNING and a LOUD WTF BANG!

That got both the BF and I to sit up. He looked while I reached for
my glasses. He got to see a glimpse of something running through the
hallway partially covered in white plastic.

We both got up and turned on the light. The soft cube the cats play
in was clearly moved and on its side and there were small pieces of a
plastic grocery bag. Mischief was around sniffing with a "WTF?" look
on her face.

Mayhem was on the bed with us so it had to be Imp. The poor guy is
already skittish to begin with. I went further into my office and as
I moved the chair suddenly I saw a black shape dart from under the
chair and skulk under the bed

the shredded remains of a plastic bag dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the handle.

Awww...my poor baby. BF was able to pull off part of the bag, but Imp
had wedge himself so far under one side of the bed I had to get down
on my side and I reached out and gently pulled the handle off of
him.

I gently talked to him and scratched his head gently and he started to
drool a little bit. But then he skulked further under the bed.

His pride had been hurt. He had been playing and then suddenly this
EVIL THING was AFTER HIM!!!!!

They all like meatloafing in the cube and and the like meatloafing on
errant plastic bags laying around the apartment. One managed to have
gotten inside the cube a week ago and they enjoyed being in the cube
and having something crinkly to lie on.

My guess is Imp was playing in the cube and it got looped around his
head and then he tore around the apartment because suddenly this thing
was on his back and wouldn't LET GO! BF said from the look on
Mischief's face, he wasn't sure if she was trying to help or to egg
him on. Poor baby......

When the BF fed the cats this morning he skulked out from under the
bed to get his crunchies but there was another bag near the food dish.
(He tends to use them to bury the dishes) He was very reluctant to
come closer until the BF moved it.

Aww.......Poor Imp......but I still found him snuggled up on my
clothes and he let me pet him so I think he'll be ok.

Kristi

That happened to Ivy (RB) once, and there were still items in the bag (a
can of Pringles, for one), and she strew those things from one end of
the house to the other in her attempt to rid herself from The Evil Bag.

And the Pringles were all crumbs (I 'drank' them from the can - I DO NOT
WASTE PRINGLES!!!) by the time we caught her and removed the offending
bag - it was the largest thing in the bag, and didn't fall out - it was
RUSTLE RUSTLE SCURRY THUMP rattle rattle THUMP rattle rattle....
repeat several times, with some yowling thrown in for added effects.

She hid under the bed for several hours afterward.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY