Old February 17th 05, 08:41 PM
Kalynnda Berens

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
I know how to do this. I've done this before, with a friend's cat,
for a week. But that wasn't *my* cat. And I had help then. Now I'm
alone.

I am NOT looking forward to doing this again.

Ginger-lyn

Ginger-lyn,
first, {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
I've been where you are, twice. Remember that you are doing this for a
reason, to improve Cosmo's quality of life. And fluids really do help a
lot! I know with Tigger they extended his life by a few months (he was
VERY badly off when he was diagnosed with CRF), which let him live to
experience spring. And with Twilight, they made his last year much more
comfortable.
As you and Cosmo work things out, you will gain confidence and he will
relax (hopefully). Everything we do for our fur-kids is a balancing act
- how much will they tolerate? Is it helping them enough to balance the
discomfort? You'll know when you've pushed too far. But for right now,
try to relax. Cosmo sounds like he took things very well.
I was so scared when I first gave Twilight fluids. And while he was
never happy about it, I could tell that he wasn't horribly unhappy. We
worked things out, as I know you and Cosmo will. You are not alone in
how you feel, having to "hurt" a fur-kid to help him feel better. It
takes a great act of love to do this for Cosmo. Try to remember that.
Spoil Cosmo for as long as you have him. May it be many years.

{{{{{{{Hugs, again}}}}}}}

Kalynnda, with Carol and the seven furries