Old July 17th 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default microfiber review

Sherry wrote:
On Jul 16, 10:54 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
a couple of years ago we got a futon, long story but it is covered in
microfiber, the cats thus far haven't made any holes in it... so when we
wanted a new computer chair i told DH my only requirement was that it be
microfiber. so far this too has not been claw damaged. it is something
worth looking at if you are considering new furniture. of course now that i
have posted this i am sure one of them will do their best to prove me wrong.
Lee

I've never owned any microfiber furniture. I always thought it would
be a cat-hair
magnet. Isn't it hard to clean cat hair off of?

I need a new sofa badly. (Unfortunately, there are always other
priorities)....my cats
don't scratch furniture; they're very good about that. It's the cat
hair that's a problem.
Next new furniture I get, I'm using throw covers that can be tossed in
the washer.
Sherry

One of the furniture companies that we sell at work has a fabric called
"Kashmira". It has a 5 year warranty against all kinds of accidents:
food, urine, etc. It even is resistant to magic markers. My boss took a
black magic marker to the white sample, and it cleaned up with soap and
water. It is fairly expensive - priced in the same area as leather. Neat
stuff!