Old August 22nd 03, 12:37 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Yoj
at wrote on 8/22/03 2:43 AM:

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article

, Yoj
at
wrote on 8/21/03 6:20 PM:

I'm at a loss what to do. Skeeter almost never eats anything but

dry
food. Lindy eats (or has eaten in the past) both wet and dry food.
Lindy gets very picky at times, and at one time I kept a record of
everything I fed her and how much of it she ate, so I could be sure

buy the kinds of food she likes. Now she doesn't seem to like any

of
it.

Since Skeeter is now on KD, they are both eating that - the dry

kind.
Lately, Lindy has not been eating the canned food at all. The dry

food
is down all the time, and I try to feed Lindy the wet food at around
6:00. Every day she starts pestering me about 5:00, and keeps

pestering
until I go out and put the dishes on the floor. (I always divide it
into two dishes so Skeeter won't feel left out, even though she

almost
never eats any) When I put the food down, Lindy will sometimes lick

off
any gravy, and occasionally she will take a nibble or two.

Sometimes
she won't even go near the dish, or goes up to it and gives it a
disgusted look. Then she wants out. I leave the dishes down until
bedtime and then pick them up.

I'm getting tired of spending the money on food she doesn't eat,
especially since KD is so much more expensive than Friskies. I'm
tempted to stop putting down the canned food, but that would

probably
mean she would keep pestering me until bedtime.

Any suggestions?

Joy

My doctor said that she finally decided it was *much* better to get

them to
eat, than to worry about them eating the k/d or g/d. She lost too many
battles trying to enforce a strict diet.

Karen

Maybe I didn't put things clearly. They both eat the KD dry food, and
seem to enjoy it. I haven't bothered with KD for the canned food, since
Skeeter doesn't eat canned food, and Lindy doesn't need the special
diet.

Joy

Joy

Ah, sorry. My mistake!