Old October 18th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default More info. on my neighbor's little dogs - UPDATE

never fear there will be another animal out there that requires a road trip
for you to get it, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
Thank God, I am not really up for a road trip to Texas but it was looking
better all the time. Unpack Lee, all is well.

The two little dogs have been adopted. My neighbor was originally
supposed to go into a mental health facility (which I honestly think
would
have been best for her). Investigating officers and her own doctor had
started the paperwork for involuntary commitment, but she convinced the
psychiatrist who would have signed off on the process that her sister
could help her. She is supposed to stay with her sister for several
months. However, they have never gotten along, and they are already
having problems (after less than 2 days). So, I am very dubious about
that situation. They left for her sister's home (500 miles away) this
morning, but I do not have much hope that this will work.

However: My neighbor did agree to give up the little dogs for adoption.
found a form online for transfer of pet ownership, and she signed that.
She did not have a carrier for them, so I borrowed one from another
neighbor and delivered the two little dogs today. Yay!!

MaryL