Old January 30th 14, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default He's back in

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

He really is doing well. I thought he would be tired. I'm sure he's
feeling a lot happier now he's able to go out. Although it'll take a while
for you to relax about him being out again.

I often find Sootie is in when I thought she was out. Sometimes when we
can't remember if she's in or not I say I should be able to google it.

It did tire him a bit but he wouldn't admit to it although it caused a blip
in his appetite this morning - a bit too tired to eat his brekkie except for
a bit at a time. Now he's fine and gobbled up his tea (which I gave him
late)
I've had 3 abdominal ops myself, only one opening me up as extensively as
Boyfie had to endure. I could hardly walk for weeks and wasn't fit to go
back to work for months so how he is doing as well as he is I have no clue.
It's not like I'm a wimp either, I wouldn't go to hospital with my broken &
dislocated shoulder for 10 days because the pain was so great I knew they'd
have to cut my new posh top clothes off. Yes, I know it was stupid ..

So how the Boykin (one of his nicknames) is doing so well and doesn't seem
to be in pain at all is a mystery. He's been on no painkilling meds now
for a week. And he says he is as good as new. Of course he isn't and I
will monitor him and keep him in as I think necessary. I thought it was
important that he should be allowed out as soon as the vet allowed it as
being inside for toileting was driving him mad. He held himself in. Only 1
wee per day and 4 poos in the whole time he was kept inside, 8 days or was
it more? It seemed like more.
I know you don't do Facebook, Judith, but if you saw his pics on my vet's
Facebook page you'd be amazed that he lived through this. I don't know how
to share his little article there but maybe someone does?

Tweed