Old March 10th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Air Shipping Pets?

Noelle,
We moved from the UK to the states last year and had to bring over our two cats.
It was difficult trying to find out what was needed but after muching searching we found that most airlines require a specific cat carrier both in size and lockability (we googled cat carrier's and found two that way). We also had to have our cats vaccinated against rabies as the USA has hot spots. British airways also wanted a letter from the vet stating that they were fit to travel.
On the day of travel we checked in then had to hold on to them until an hour before flight and they were whisked away. A nice steward came to say that they were safe and looked fine before we took off.
We then claimed them in luggage as normal.

Experience for us was almost worry free, no messes and we got to bring our 'friends' with us
Eperience for cat - 12 hours in total in carrier, lots of meowing at customs when carrier checked and lots of fuss and attention when we got them out. - they survived the trip well.

Since then we have lost one of them to CRF but have no problems booking a flight and taking the other one with us on vacation next time (within US of course).

Amanda

"Noelle Ruehl" wrote in message ...
Has anyone ever had their cats shipped cross country by plane? What were
your experiences? Thanks
NR

SICK? GET WELL!