Old July 9th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

Default Rabies Shots

Thanks everyone. My indoor cat does not get any vaccinations either -
my previous catacquired a sarcoma when she was about 7 years old. We
did several surgeries to remove it, but it kept coming back and ended
her life after about 4 years.

That was my first knowledge about the vaccinations and sarcomas.
Needless to say, I am very leary of vaccinations now.

The BIG problem with the feral cat is - it is feral and not easy to
take to the vet - but being outside ALL the time she surely needs a
rabies vaccination, if nothing else. I live in Ohio. It may be the
state law that they need to be given annually. I would check with
other vets, but this one is only a minute away - so less travel time
with a feral is a good thing too!!!