Old March 12th 10, 10:30 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Dori Neu" wrote in message
BTW, I quit smoking years ago when smokers I knew started to die of
smoking related diseases.

I wish I could say that......I only quit when they banned smoking in the
buildings where I worked, and my job required me to remain inside the
buildings for long periods at a time.....

At least you finally quit. When my husband was diagnosed with the start
of bronchitis and emphysema.... he quit pronto! That was about a year
ago.
His cough went away and he can breathe much better now.

I probably shouldn't even jump in on this discussion, but it seems really
strange
to me that I smoked for 44 years and NEVER had Bronchitis .... I quit
smoking
Oct 6, 2008 and this winter I had Bronchitis. ... delayed reaction?
coincidence?
Who knows? ...

I won't start again, it's just too expensive, but I felt better and felt
healthier
when I smoked. It's like some of you said ... "One thing doesn't fit
everyone"
I've known people who lived past 90 and still smoked ... I'll never
understand it.
--
Dori ...

I think you are experiencing the results of aging, rather than smoking.
Quitting smoking will statistically prolong your life, but there are no
guarantees, and it certainly won't extend your life forever.........:^)