Old September 5th 03, 12:44 PM
JHBennett

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Marina at
wrote on 9/5/03 1:51 AM:

"JHBennett" wrote
I'll spare you all the long story of what's behind the question, but I
called my Vet's office and got a less than satisfactory answer to the
question. The person who tried to answer went on about cats needing a
higher protien diet than dogs, since they were carnivors

This is true.

(and what,
praytell, are dogs?)

Dogs are omnivorous.

etc., etc. I was told something about needing more
meat, and wondered to myself *whence commeth dry cat food, such as Meow
Mix?*

Dry cat food is not nutritionally sound (don't believe the

commercials!),
and often causes kidney damage.

Our ferals scarfed up Pedigree dog food, to the last trace in the
bowel. Regarding the need for more protien, if such is the case, why

not
eat more of it?

Probably their tummies were full from all the veggies in there, which

are
completely useless to cats. They need more meat.

--
Marina

Absolutely. Most essentially, besides not enough protien, dog food lacks
taurine (aside from a few other essentials) which is absolutely a factor

in
cat health. Cats lacking this (an element provided only in animal meat)

can
develop blindness and other illness. It is essential, even if a cheaper
brand, to feed the cat food, not dog food. I repeat it's imperative to

feed
them cat food.

Karen

Ah ha! Gotcha, Karen. Now I understand and thanks ;-)
Jack