Old July 9th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Now that most of the shock has worn off....

On Jul 6, 7:40*am, bobblespin wrote:
\
When they announced to the staff where I worked years ago that half of us
would be laid off soon, we were in shock. *However, they cheered us up by
saying it wouldn't be done on a Friday. They were serious. Apparently human
resources folks did a study which showed that letting people go at the end
of the week spoils their weekend! *What planet do these people live on?

Bobble- Hide quoted text -

I got my layoff notice on July 4, 2 days before my 20th anniversary
with the company. Afterwards, I was given a nice gift catalog from
which to choose my
anniversary gift. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. Now I look at
July 4th very
differently.
My next layoff notice was received before Christmas.

Winnie