Old August 17th 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default Is this weird?

As some of you may know after almost 2 years of trying I finally got a permanent job!

Doing the paperwork there's some sort of insurance policy so if I die in service there will be money to be paid out and I get to nominate who gets what share

So a third each to both my brothers so they can cover the funeral costs and the other third..

The system doesn't let me enter a third so I end up calling HR.

Their system only lets me enter 2 names but the HR person can override the system:

The conversation went: "Okay so who do you want to give the last third to?"

"My friend Jim Martin"

"You've got him down as the person to contact in an emergency? So is he your partner?"

"No he's just a very good friend who has promised me if anything happens to me he will give my cats a good home with him and since that means he'll have two extra mouths to feed and vet bills etc I want him to have the money so he won't be out of pocket"

The reply was: "That's a very weird reason"

I think my reply was along the lines of "What is weird about making sure a friend isn't put out of pocket and providing for my cats?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs