Old August 12th 03, 06:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions about what to do about the man
who wants to adopt Lambchop.

I don't want to promise that my home will be open to her forever.
Certainly over the next few months, if he decides it's not working, I
would take her back. But what if, 3 years from now, he got very sick
or died - I don't want to be tied to a promise to take her back. What
if I'm living somewhere with a strict pet policy? Or say I'm living
with someone and we have 3 more cats? What if *I'm* sick?

Obviously, if it works for me to take her back, I will, but I can't
be sure it will be possible. I think it would make more sense for him
to have an arrangement that's more stable, say with an organization.

I think calling PAWS and finding out what they do in those cases is
a great idea.

Joyce