Old August 5th 12, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default BCT after surgery

Hi guys. Purrs to all in need and just checking in to see what's what
and tell you a silly story.

I had a spinal fusion a week ago Friday so my mom has been here helping
take care of me and my cats. A few days ago I couldn't find Bonnie
anywhere! I hadn't seen her since I'd gotten out of bed for the day,
around 1pm and my mom had left to go do some things. So normally the
cats will sleep all day and it didn't cause concern. But after the pet
sitter came to clean the litter boxes, still no Bonnie so I was really
worried. Checked all hiding spots, checked rooms and closets with
closed doors, no Bonnie. Shook bag of temptations, no Bonnie. That one
was definitely odd.

A couple of hours later, still trying to remain calm but convinced in my
mind that somehow she'd gotten out of the house I was crying and
frantic, my mom was so upset wondering if she'd somehow let Bonnie slip
outside but positive that she hadn't, I was then convinced I was never
going to see Bonnie again. I made up flyers, posted on my local missing
pets Yahoo group, and was just about to go hang up the flyers outside
(my back was soooooooooooo sore at this point and no amount of my mom
telling me to sit down so I wouldn't injure my back would make me stop
my frantic search for her) and out walks Bonnie from down the hall.

BCT are made even worse when you're on a medication cocktail that has a
potential side effect of having strange and unusual thoughts. But I
really was convinced I'd never be able to find her.

Be well all!