Old May 11th 05, 01:07 AM
Ted Davis

On 10 May 2005 16:13:01 -0700, wrote:

I just adopted a 1.5 yr old female cat who was tossed around to several
different homes all across the country. I've never had such a cat
before. She follows you around all over the house and never wants you
out of her sight. When I leave for work in the morning she cries at the
door "meeeeoooooooooooowwwwwwww" like crazy.

The cat got used to and is now on my schedule. At night time when I go
to sleep she has a habbit which I don't understand. Just like a baby
kitten would suckel it's mothers milk when nursing, this cat suckels on
my arm for about 5 minutes before going to sleep. She does this every
night and I can't get her to stop. She is very obedient otherwise
(stops doing something when I say "no" firmly, and comes running when
you call her name).

Any idea why she would be doing this?

She loves you. She's treating you as she used to treat her mother.

I would suggest that you get her a kitten as a companion to help with
the separation anxiety.

--
T.E.D. )