Old May 20th 05, 01:44 AM
Martin Jay

The cat got used to and is now on my schedule. At night time when I go
to sleep she has a habbit which I don't understand. Just like a baby
kitten would suckel it's mothers milk when nursing, this cat suckels on
my arm for about 5 minutes before going to sleep. She does this every
night and I can't get her to stop. She is very obedient otherwise
(stops doing something when I say "no" firmly, and comes running when
you call her name).

Any idea why she would be doing this?

One of our cats, Magic, used to suckle on my knuckles several times a
day. It's extremely cute. We have some pictures of her doing it but I
can't find them at the moment.

Don't worry about this behavior: it probably brings back happy kitten
feelings for her, and helps to form a bond between the two of you.

Magic has almost grown out it, but still suckles on my knuckles
occasionally. She did it a few days ago. Unfortunately she likes to
paw at my hand with her claws at the same time, which leaves me with
red, itchy, marks for a few days. Cats have all sorts of nasty muck
under their claws.

--
Martin Jay