Old March 31st 15, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT The bears are awake

On 3/30/2015 6:07 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:04:47 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 3/29/2015 11:57 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:37:50 -0700, Joy wrote:

A year or two ago someone about 25 or 30 miles from me had a bear in
their hot tub. I've never seen one in the wild, except when I was on a
tour in Alaska.

We used to have bears in San Diego county, but it's been
MANY years since I've heard of a sighting here.

But we have snakes, spiders, mountain lions, coyotes,
and probably some other dangerous things (other than
people).

We can't compete with Australia when it comes to dangerous critters,
though. They have 9 of the 10 deadliest snakes, as well as crocodiles,
cane toads, redback spiders and poisonous jellyfish, among other things.

And DON'T forget platypuses!

True, but they aren't poisonous. They also have a lot of other
interesting non-poisonous animals. I've held a koala, a possum and a
baby crocodile (with its mouth taped shut), had kangaroos eat out of my
hand, and had the opportunity to pet a wombat, a dingo pup and a baby
Tasmanian devil.

Joy

---

Joy Unlimited