Old January 25th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Scouty the lap cat?! Who'da thunk it!

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Most surprisingly to me, yesterday was claw-clipping day, and she let
me do it by myself! She wasn't thrilled about it, but she didn't
struggle very much, and then she resigned herself to the experience
and let me go ahead and trim her scimitars. The one time I tried to do
her by myself before this, it was a total failure because she bolted
as soon as I lay her on her back on the bed! Usually John holds her,
she fights, and we try to get her front paws done before she escapes.
I was astonished that she let me do it... but I was pretty sure that
she wouldn't let me handle her again for at least a few days - and
here she is this morning happy as a clam, climbing onto my lap and
kneading a hole in my leg I'm SO PLEASED FOR HER!

I think she was meant to be a lap cat. If a cat likes scritches, and
they know hoomin ergonomics, then it just makes sense for them to find
the warm surface where scritches and cuddles come most readily.