Old June 30th 04, 06:16 PM
Phil

The vet said there was minor bladder infection, which has been eliminated.
More significantly, the breeder stated to us that the cat has urinated
outside the litter box on occasion during the 5 years she had her, from
kttenhood, even urinating on her directly. It was felt this would stop with
a loving home. Not so apparently. Your information on the rescue is
useful, and I will follow up on it.

- Phil

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

Bless you for trying to find a home for this special needs cat. Perhaps

there
is a medical problem..or it is behavioral. Can you get the vet to rule

out a
medical disability? If so, then maybe a cat behaviorist can help you work

out
this problem. A feline behaviorist is either a vet of a PHD who has

devoted a
career to cat behavior. I adopted a 6 year old spayed female last

September
(already having a then 4 year old neutered male). For 3 months, she

urinated
and deficated on the bedroom floor and on my bed. I was at my wits end. I
showered her with attention AND experimented with different litters. My

cats
had been using newspapers (not litter) for years. Since she didn't care

for
newspapers, I tried Fresh Step, store brand litter, and finally, Feline

Pine.
She loves Feline Pine (my other cat doesn't care for it) and uses the box

all
the time now.

If none of this is of interest, then please try to locate local cat rescue
groups (I live in NY and found 3-4 groups through Petco. They work with

them
and showcase adoptable cats in their retail stores.) Also, put up a flyer

with
local vets....This may be a special needs kitty..maybe not. Also, check

with
petfinder.com. I don't know if this website accepts private listings, but

if
you do a general search via location/cats, you will locate some local

rescue
groups in your area..maybe they can take your cat or post a listing while

you
play forster parent. Much good luck to you.