Old December 22nd 03, 08:57 PM
Steven Cook

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:32:09 -0500 (EST),
(---MIKE---) wrote:

Iams used to be considered a quality food. After they were bought by
Procter and Gamble their reputation has gone down hill. I don't know if
the quality has gone down hill or not. I use Wellness (by Old Mother
Hubbard) which might not be sold in the UK. I strongly suggest that
since your cats are males, you try to get them to eat canned (tinned)
food rather than dry. You want to try and prevent urinary crystals from
forming and dry food is thought to be one of the causes of this problem.

-MIKE

Mike,
Thanks for that advice, I wasn't aware of that issue so I did
a bit of research and found one website (
http://www.belfield.com/article4.html ) that mentions that cranberry
extract is effective in preventing crystals. Based on this I think
we'll switch them to James Wellbeloved, which according to their
website contains extarct of cranberry! I know it's not what you
recommended but we've found the dry food more convenient...

Steven.