Old August 1st 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default The cat in my garage will be going to a new 'home'.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:32:20 -0400, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

I think there will only be one vet visit I will have to pay for; unless
I can talk my vet into selling me a dose of Frontline or Advantage,
without taking the cat in.

If I was the vet, I wouldn't want a cat that probably has fleas in the
clinic. At least that's what I'm hoping. I'll talk to the rescue group
too, to see if I can get the flea medication from them; I'm sure it
would be cheaper than my regular vet.

Then if things work out the way they should, the rescue organization
should pick up the major costs of viral testing, vaccinations, etc. I'll
have to go tho 'their' clinic, where the cost are much less than my
regular vet. But I shouldn't have to pay for them. At least that's what
they told me would happen, if I agreed to foster the kitty.

Having someone else foster her shouldn't matter, but I have to work it
out, on Friday.

I have been working on this, believe me. I hope my boss doesn't notice
if I'm only at work for about 2 hours tomorrow. Often weeks go by and I
don't see him. But he already singed my time card, and I already turned
it in; a day early. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

"Gandalf" wrote in message
I have been talking to a former coworker. He's a big cat lover, and he
has the space to keep the kitty (no name yet) isolated. He will keep her
until a home can be found. We are working out the finances for the kitty
:-(
Tomorrow I will be taking a LOT of aluminum cans, and some copper pipe,
and some heavy gauge copper wire, that was in my basement when I bought
my house in 1979, to a scrap yard. This will finance some of the initial
costs.

I should mention that since I realized the cat wasn't leaving, I have
spent an enormous amount of time trying to find somebody who lost this
cat.

I contacted/checked all the normal places: Animal Control,
craigslist.com, the newspaper. Vet offices in the area. I even called
the Inhumane Society, to see about reports of lost cats in my area. I
found NOTHING.

I covered every street for a mile in every direction, looking for 'lost
cat' posters.

I found several, and, since this was before I had seen the kitty, I just
kept the information.

None of the lost cats were a buff colored with a white belly female :-(

So the cat WHO NEEDS A NAME, is going to live in a large walk in closet,
(it's better than a GARAGE, at least! And it has a window, too.) while I
see if I can get the ONLY no kill rescue organization in a metro area of
3 million people, who didn't just say 'no we can't do ANYTHING for you'
to help with the vet costs. They said they would, if I would foster the
cat, earlier today.

Faith comes to mind as a name, as she has a lot of faith in you (I said
earlier that cats are smart), or you could call her Hey You and let her new
human name her as he probably will change her name anyway. Please send your
TED contact information to Victor as he seems to be in charge of taking care
of PayPal payments. Thank you for taking care of the little lady and I hope
that her forever home works out wonderfully. You're a good man.

Pam S.