Old August 1st 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default The cat in my garage will be going to a new 'home'.

"Gandalf" wrote in message
I have been talking to a former coworker. He's a big cat lover, and
he
has the space to keep the kitty (no name yet) isolated. He will keep
her
until a home can be found. We are working out the finances for the
kitty
:-(
Tomorrow I will be taking a LOT of aluminum cans, and some copper
pipe,
and some heavy gauge copper wire, that was in my basement when I
bought
my house in 1979, to a scrap yard. This will finance some of the
initial
costs.

I should mention that since I realized the cat wasn't leaving, I
have
spent an enormous amount of time trying to find somebody who lost
this
cat.

I contacted/checked all the normal places: Animal Control,
craigslist.com, the newspaper. Vet offices in the area. I even
called
the Inhumane Society, to see about reports of lost cats in my area.
found NOTHING.

I covered every street for a mile in every direction, looking for
'lost
cat' posters.

I found several, and, since this was before I had seen the kitty, I
just
kept the information.

None of the lost cats were a buff colored with a white belly female
:-(

*********
We had two poodles with that coloration. Named one Taffee and the
lighter one Sugar. Their mom was Brandie Alexandra
************

So the cat WHO NEEDS A NAME, is going to live in a large walk in
closet,
(it's better than a GARAGE, at least! And it has a window, too.)
while I
see if I can get the ONLY no kill rescue organization in a metro
area of
3 million people, who didn't just say 'no we can't do ANYTHING for
you'
to help with the vet costs. They said they would, if I would foster
the
cat, earlier today.

I have to get some Advantage or Frontline (DUH..why didn't I think
of
this already?) to give the cat before she can go to her new 'home'

How long does it take for Advantage, or Frontline to kill off all
the
fleas this unfortunate kitty might have?

Because that's how long she will have to stay in my garage :-(

*****
I'm pretty sure they abandon ship in a matter of hours.
*****
But things are looking up.

I'd like to ask for help with a name, because I am drawing a
complete
blank.

Except for Buffy, which seems a bit stupid, to me.