Old November 6th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Ping Dan - any news on Sammy?

On Nov 6, 4:00*am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Nov 5, 5:02 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

In article ,

wrote:
Just checking in.

No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.

Dan, I wanted to pass along this, just in case it might apply in your
case: At our shelter,
when someone inquires about a lost cat, they go on a list. There are
*so many* different
volunteers, and they're so busy down there, it really helps when the
owner checks with
them every single day. *It's just a madhouse down there; your shelter
may be much
better organized with better communication.
I know you and Nancy are frantic. I hope he appears at the door, soon.

Sherry

*snipped
A friend of mine recently learned that her beloved
dog (which ran out the door when a housekeeper came in) was euthanized,
despite numerous phone calls.

snipped
MaryL

This has happens, more often than we probably know. Overcrowding,
inexperienced volunteers, and breakdown in communication. I don't
remember
any dogs being euthanized, but I *do* remember a case where a dog was
adopted to a new family; the owner discovered the dog and claimed she
had repeatedly called the shelter. Except she would ask for a
"Collie" when she called; this dog was a blue-merle Collie mix and
looked really more like an Australian Sheepdog mix.
So the person answering the phone would say "No, we don't have any
Collies"

Sherry