Old November 6th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Ping Dan - any news on Sammy?

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

We did that when Nancy got home last night. Checked every place we could
think of, including places we had checked right after he disappeared.

heading to the Animal Rescue League today to drop off a couple of my
color Sammy posters. Also left some with neighbors and one with the mail
man.

A couple of things I did, and also that I heard about, when Smudge went
missing a couple of years ago:

- I called Animal Control every single day. I got on a first-name basis
with one guy who worked in that office, and he allowed me to mail him a
photo of Smudge and said he'd put it up so that nobody would euthanize
her before I had a chance to come get her. (I can only hope that he really
did post it - he'd told me that they didn't usually do this, but because
I was checking every day, he had developed a relationship with me and seemed
willing to do me a favor.)

I don't know if Animal Control deals with this stuff where you live. Of
course, we have shelters in my area, too, but they generally don't accept
animals off the street. Those go to animal control first. But I live in an
urban area where agencies are spread pretty thin - they might have a better
handle on animal issues in your area.

- There are some websites that have extensive information for how to look
for a lost pet. (I think David Stevenson has links - I might also have them
on my home browser, but I'm at work right now.) One of the sites suggested
that you talk to children in your neighborhood. Kids are outside playing
every day and they know more than you think. They might have seen Sammy but
didn't happen to mention it to their parents. You could also post some signs
low down on the phone poles (or wherever you're posting them), at kid level,
and worded in a way that's easy for a child to read (big block print, easy
phrasing, etc).

Hope this helps! Continued GYFBH purrs.

--
Joyce ^..^