Old December 16th 03, 04:05 PM
Yngver

Laura R. wrote:

A lot depends on whether or not she's used to traveling. A friend of
mine in college used to bring her cat to her parents' house, which
was a couple of hours away, whenever she went home for more than an
afternoon, and he loved it. On the other hand, none of my cats would
relish the trip and it would be harder on them than leaving them at
home and having a sitter come in for them. Cats tend to be creatures
of habit who don't like their routines disturbed, so in general, it's
probably a better idea to leave the kitty home.

I agree that it depends on the cat. Our cats have been traveling with us since
they were kittens, so they don't mind car travel and seem to actually like
exploring another house, etc. When we have gone to stay with one of our sets of
parents over the holidays, the cats come with us. I've read that some cats are
more attached to their people than their home, and other cats are more attached
to their home than their people. Our cats seem happier to be with us even if it
means they are in a different place. Some cats are happier to be home even if
you aren't there. So again, it really depends on the cat and whether or not
he/she minds traveling.