Old December 3rd 05, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Exercise for Indoor Cats?

claudel wrote:

Anybody have cats that will run a treadmill or a wheel?

Believe it or not, I once had a cat that would walk on the treadmill
when it was in motion and would seemingly be fascinated by walking
without going anywhere.

The other cat I had at the time would go flying out the back end of the
treadmill and never catch onto it. One would think that cat wasn't the
smart one; however, maybe this was all by design. :-D

Any other suitable-to-the-boss ways of getting them some
exercise?

Yes, but most involve some effort on your part as well... kitty isn't
going to exercise unless you pitch in. :-D

Bubba's getting to be a bit of a fatass at 22Lbs and
reducing his food only seems to go so far, plus it
ruins his normally sunny disposition when the food
dish goes empty.

TIA

CLaude