Old March 8th 10, 08:11 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Dragoman" wrote in message
Bill Graham wrote:

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i agree about not using the old pills but i DO NOT agree on the wet
only option, if you can switch him and that is what your vet
reccommends fine, but my tiger was so bad we thought we would lose him,
he has now been crystal/infection free for over five years on a diet of
dry c/d and is healtheir than ever. Lee

There are people who smoke heavily all their lives like my mother who
died at 90, and never get lung cancer.

You too, huh? - My mom started smoking at 15 and quit when she was 90
because "they are too expensive". She went on to live to 97. So she
smoked for 75 years! When I tell doctors that, it blows them away!

If it blew them away, they were not very good doctors. Individual
variation and resilience plays a very big role in human and cat health.
Risk factors are important only for the mediocre, susceptible part of the
population, that would have gotten the disease easily anyway. Fit,
healthy, genetically advanced individuals (cats that we would like to
have, humans that we should strive to mate with) do not care about risk
factors. And if they succumb to them - well, they were not that superior
to begin with, and their loss is indicative, if painful.

I had a brother in law who died of lung cancer, and he never smoked anything
in his entire life. I also know that the national cancer institute
attributes every lung cancer death in the entire world to either their
smoking, or to their ingestion of second hand smoke....IOW, they don't
believe it's possible for anyone who dies of lung cancer to have contracted
the disease any other way besides tobacco smoke. So I take these, "TV"
statistics with a large grain of salt......