Old June 12th 15, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Buffy Pic

On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 11:56:38 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
On 6/11/2015 8:38 PM, Rusty wrote:
On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 8:30:53 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Here's Buffy!

http://i58.tinypic.com/10miykn.jpg

Jill

She's lovely.

Yes, she is. If she'd only stop trying to hold onto me with those claws
extended. She's sort of treating me like a piece of furniture, something
to be grabbed onto. It's not as if I'm trying to carry her around. When
she's in my lap and I need to get up sometimes ouch!

I'll need to get a lesson in claw clipping.

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten Persia had been front declawed. Boyfie has only
once grabbed me hard - he was so fast asleep on my lap, he rolled over, and
started to fall. Ouch, but very forgivable in the circumstances.
Although, he is often so ecstatic when he's on my lap that he cannot help
flexing his claws in and out slightly whilst he's purring. That's only like
pinpricks though. I've learned to put a blanket over my knee every time I
sit down. You might have to do the same ;-)

I would *melt* if I had to put a blanket over my knees every time I sat
down. The climate is quite different here from where you live. It is
not even mid-June and already the outside temps are 90°F/32°C. I
couldn't live without air conditioning. This time of year I keep the
indoor temp set around 73°F/23°C and even that is *just* comfortable for
me. I have to run a fan to be able to sleep at night.

I put a Purr Pad on my lap and Rusy loved to sit on purr pad.
It worked very well as purr pads are very light and made of polyester, I think.
It gets very hot here too.
Plus the Purr Pad trapped any fur Rusty shed.
You can get them at pets store.

There aren't any pet stores where I live. I'm not even sure the PetCo
(or is it PetSmart?) is still open. It's on the other side of town. At
any rate, anything polyester would be terribly hot. Cotton is king
around my house. Nearly all my clothing is 100% cotton or linen. I am
of that "age" where I get hot easily, if you know what I mean.

Purr Pads are probably available online where you ordered the nail clipper.