Old July 18th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

Default Stray and Indoor Cats

You need to have her checked by a vet (spayed, too) before you let your cats
hang out with her.
Gail
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you all for taking the time to chime in. Some excellent advice.
I wouldn't have even thought to cover the stray's eating dish.

Soooo, what if the stray gets feeling comfortable enough to actually
hang out with the other kitties during their daily jaunt around the
yard? At this point, they spend much of their day separated only by a
sliding glass door. Would it be an entirely different situation if the
cats were actually going to hang out together?

If she does continue to call our yard her home, I do hope we can get
her to the vet before long. Actually, she seems less skittish of me
than one of our indoor cats!

-Fleemo