Old June 24th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tap Tap, Paw on the Face, and the refrigerator

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia woke me up too early this morning! 6AM! Noooo. I was really
sleeping well, which is rare of late. Then I felt her paw gently tapping
my nose. I grumbled, "Momma's sleeping" and burrowed my nose into the
pillow so she couldn't tap it. So she put her paw on my cheek and left it
there. LOL She has very soft paws so I didn't mind that Her next
maneuver was to give me very gentle "kitty kisses" on my hand, forearm and
shoulder. Awww, I love how you're being so sweet but it's too early!
Momma's sleeping.

She still had kibble and a bowl full of fresh water from when I went to
bed. She had a clean litter box. What on earth could she possibly want me
to get up for so urgently at 6AM?

She let me drift off again... for a few minutes. When I grudgingly got up
she did something unusual. She marched straight from the bedroom to the
kitchen. She meowed the whole time. She kept stopping to glance over her
shoulder to make sure I was following her. [It felt like a 'Lassie'
movie: "Come quick, Timmy fell down the well!"] What the heck did she
want to show me in the kitchen? A dead mouse? Nope. She led me straight
to the refrigerator and stood there meowing her head off. LOL

Persia's a very bright cat. I went to the store yesterday to pick up some
grocery staples. I inadvertently let Persia see me put a half gallon of
milk in the refrigerator. She didn't comment or ask for any at the time.
No, she filed the information away in her kitty brain "There is milk
in the refrigerator And Momma will give me some if I play this right."
LOL

So at the crack of dawn she very cutely woke me up, marched me to the
kitchen and got me to pour some milk. I guess this makes me a good cat
slave

The thing is, I would have given her a drizzle of milk when I brought it
home from the store. (I give her a little bit a couple of times a month.)
She didn't have to concoct this elaborate plot.

Jill

Of course she will, if you allow her to. I don't allow Boyfie in my bedroom
because of this. I don't want my boy to pat my face at stupid-o-clock and
he would if I gave him the chance.
He is not allowed upstairs during the night, he has to sleep on a soft sofa
downstairs.
He will often pat my face in the day with a soft paw if it's getting near to
food time, but I don't want him waking me.
I don't like him patting my face to insist so I push his paw away and make
him get off my knee. The main reason that if I don't give in he will shred
the rug