Old June 25th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Tap Tap, Paw on the Face, and the refrigerator

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
So at the crack of dawn she very cutely woke me up, marched me to the
kitchen and got me to pour some milk. I guess this makes me a good cat
slave

The thing is, I would have given her a drizzle of milk when I brought it
home from the store. (I give her a little bit a couple of times a
month.) She didn't have to concoct this elaborate plot.

Jill

Of course she will, if you allow her to. I don't allow Boyfie in my
bedroom because of this. I don't want my boy to pat my face at
stupid-o-clock and he would if I gave him the chance.
He is not allowed upstairs during the night, he has to sleep on a soft
sofa downstairs.
He will often pat my face in the day with a soft paw if it's getting near
to food time, but I don't want him waking me.
I don't like him patting my face to insist so I push his paw away and
make him get off my knee. The main reason that if I don't give in he
will shred the rug

We'll have to agree to disagree. I love having Persia curled up next to
me at night. And I don't mind her touching my face with her paw. I find
it very endearing. At 6AM it can be annoying, but she doesn't usually
wake me that early. I'm usually awake by 7:30 or so anyway. These days
I'm the one waking *her* up

One of the first things that surprised me, after she showed up at my back
door and demanded to be let in, was she slept in bed with me that very
night. She didn't know me. But she trusted me enough to curl up next to
me and go to sleep

Jill

I completely understand what you're saying. I miss having a cat curled up
to me in bed. Nanki-Poo always slept next to me, or sometimes partly on top
of me. Waffles and Pickles spend most of the night on the foot of the bed,
but sometimes they don't even stay there all night. :-(

Joy