Old August 3rd 18, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default A mystery

On 01/08/2018 23:32, joy wrote:
My cats Pickles and Koala free feed.Â* I have two small bowls of kibble
down at all times.Â* Between those two bowls I have one of their water
bowls.Â* Every day when I change the water there is at least one piece of
kibble floating in the water, and sometimes two or three.Â* Since it is
this regular, it has to be deliberate.Â* To me, it makes the water smell
really fowl.

The mystery is, is one of the cats putting the kibble in the water
because they like the way the water tastes, or because they know the
other cat doesn't like it, and will then be forced to drink out of the
other water dish?

Cats are not capable of doing this deliberately, their brains don't work
that way. What is probably happening is they eat, and then decide to
have a drink afterwards, and there is some kibble still in their mouth
when they drink, which then goes into the water.
I think it's that simple, tbh.