Old January 14th 04, 04:42 AM
Dennis Carr

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:38:14 +0000, Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:

But, since he's been going outside, a worrying phenomenon has
started.... SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCH

And that's just us humans. The poor cat wakes up suddenly at times and
viciously attacks various parts of his skin.

My sympathies. Fleas isn't fun.

What can we do? I've checked this website:
http://www.yourfamilyshealth.com/fam...th/pets/fleas/

and it says to vaccum regularly could have an affect. We can't really
afford exterminators and stuff right now.

Problem with fleas is that they are like cockroaches. They don't die
except with patience and knowhow.

OK, I guess they're *un*like cockroaches, which just don't die. =^_^=

This is my suggestion then. Get yourself some Bayer Advantage, dose the
cat for about 3-4 months. Keep dosing him for a few months and wait for
the fleas to die. After a fashion, they will not come back.

Would this not have happened if we didn't let him inside, and trained
him to stay inside all the time?

Pretty much, but hindsight is 20/20. If the cat keeps going out, you'll
have to keep dosing him with advantage, of course.

btw, as a side note, does anyone have any advice for us poor humans?
Any cream we can put on our skins to stop the biting?

Avon Skin-So-Soft is a remarkably good insect repellant. Also use aloe
vera on the bite marks.

Oh, and will
washing duvets kill them?

Yeah, but the water has to be hot as hell.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.