Old January 14th 04, 03:10 AM
Gee

"Asfand Yar Qazi" wrote in message
Heya,

Sorry for cross-posting. Don't know which group to send to..

So, got this kitten from Charlton in South-east London. Absolute
bargain, only £20. Crazy little blogger. Does really stupid things.
Now about a year old.

But, since he's been going outside, a worrying phenomenon has
started....

SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHS CRATCHSCRATCH
SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCH

And that's just us humans. The poor cat wakes up suddenly at times and
viciously attacks various parts of his skin.

What can we do? I've checked this website:
http://www.yourfamilyshealth.com/fam...th/pets/fleas/

and it says to vaccum regularly could have an affect. We can't really
afford exterminators and stuff right now.

Would this not have happened if we didn't let him inside, and trained
him to stay inside all the time?

btw, as a side note, does anyone have any advice for us poor humans?
Any cream we can put on our skins to stop the biting? Oh, and will
washing duvets kill them?

Thanks,
Asfand Yar

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/

OK, if you are unemployed, or on certain benefits you should be able to have
the cat seen and treated in either Blue Cross or PDSA (I think). I don;t
know where you live but you should be able to get the info either from their
websites or call them.

Treating the fleas is easy, not hugely expensive either, but time consuming
and requires lots of washing.

Flea treatment for cats - monthly ~£10 for a top range Frontline
Flea treatment for carpet - good one from the vets -do not waste money on
stuff from Tesco ~£7-10

I had to do it couple of years ago. You must wash ALL the clothes and
bedding, on the higher temperature the better, as fleas can jump wherever
they feel like, and lay eggs which can survive a long time. You MUST Spray
the caprpets as per instructions. Hoover carpet, you should have then carpet
protected for about a year with one spray can. Keep putting the frontline on
your kitty once a month.

Gee