Old March 19th 04, 08:56 PM

O J wrote:

As far as I know my mother holds the record for opening different
cans of cat food to present to a cat who seemed interested in getting
more cans opened, but not interested in eating anything.

That's an interesting form of feline entertainment. I wonder if cats
hold competitions with each other? ("I got her to open 6 cans tonight!"
"Yeah, but can you beat the record of 15?")

One night I
saw her driven into a state by my cat, The Puddy, where she just had
to find something the little rotter would eat. She must have opened
half a dozen cans, laid them before his majesty, and watched in
frustration as he proceeded to make the 'covering up' motion to each
dish that was presented.

Perhaps your mom would benefit from Cat-dependents Anonymous?

Joyce