Old February 8th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
cybercat

Default cat's obsession with toy

"Maxine G" wrote in message
. 33.102...
Hi. My cat LOVES his feather toy, to the exclusion of almost everything
else. Every time someone in the house stands up, he runs to the closet
where the toy is kept and starte meowing piteously. He comes into my
office
or bedroom and starts meowing and tries to get me to go down to play with
him.

It's a little annoying and so pathetic! We always feel bad about saying no
to him, but we can't play with him constantly. Attempts to get him
interested in other toys have failed completely. He seems so forlorn when
we don't play with him.

I assume this is within the realm of normal cat behavior, but is there
anything we can or should do to help him with his obsession? He's about 2
and 1/2 years old, and we've only had him for about 2 months.

Just play with him more. They are all a little obsessive. He will move on
to other interests, as they all do, if you keep a variety of toys around.
Get him some that do not require your particiption, too--danglies and
such.