Old July 12th 04, 10:14 PM
Electric Nachos

Why don't you do the humane thing and put her out of her misery? You might
have the time to watch her suffer, but does she have to suffer through time?

Cameron Perry wrote in message
Hello,

We have a 5 year old spayed female who has a history rhinitus which is
caused by a cyst in her sinus. We cannot afford the price of an endoscophy
$5000.00 to have the cyst removed. A couple of times a year she gets a
sinus infection which is treated with antibiotics and she recovers. This
time however it got worse and she became dehydrated, we had three rounds
with the vets to hydrate her and stabilize her. The vet suggested
euthanasia at one point, when she began showing a little improvement we
decided to take her home for the weekend and see how she fares.

Thus far the cat is being force fed Nutrical and a high caloric diet as

well
as water( sinus infection still ). She keeps this all down, she is
lethargic yet her interest in things around her has improved. In other

words
she is mostly sitting hunched over in her box. Kitty will get up to pee

and
she is making stool. I have no idea of a time line for kitty to judge her
progress, I have the time to watch her and feed her and water her every 90
minutes, so we don't have to rush to a decision.

Does anyone have any practical experience with cats who are down?

Thanks in advance,

Cameron Perry