Old July 18th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default I miss my Mutt

Welcome, Dutch. You're with friends here, and we certainly do understand.

Some of us are fortunate enough to find a "heart cat" - a cat who forms
a special bond with us. Living with this kitty is warm, wonderful,
fulfilling experience, but when they cross to the Rainbow Bridge it does
feel like our hearts are being ripped out.

I can tell you that the pain does eventually moderate, and the tears do
stop. Though sometimes, as your experiencing, the hurt can come back for
a while. Unfortunately having to deal with clinical depression often
means that the times of pain are a little more likely to revisit our
lives.

I can sure that this time of missing your heart-cat so badly will pass.
There's not much you can do to help it pass beyond what you're already
doing. Keeping busy (like doing volunteer work at the church), getting
some exercise, spending quality time with Mosey and the others. And of
course talking with fellow cat-people.

We're purring for you to feel better soon.

Dan